getting buff

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

owowowowowow!

It didn't take me too long to get sick of cardio at the gym. Hub says I should take the ipod along to listen and that would keep me on track, but the truth is I just just end up watching the clock and not feeling that I have achieved anything.

So I have taken to doing just weights, abs and stretches at the gym and doing my cardio on the "outside". I have started on the Couch to 5K running plan in the hope that it will get me gradually moving in a forward direction. As previously mentioned I have also dusted off the bike and am using it a bit to get around. At the moment merely riding to the gym and back is enough to get my heart rate up into training zone, plus it takes a long time as well. However, soon I will have to start doing some intentional longer rides to stretch myself.

I have started a cardio/training workbook so that I can keep track of what I am doing. I am doing pretty well at doing at least three periods of cardio a week. Most days I am doing cardio on the alternate day to going to the gym. The next step is to properly make sure that I am training at the right intensity so I am off at lunchtime to spend some my parents' birthday money on a heart rate monitor.

Note - the title of this post is because I am currently dealing with all manner of aches and pains arising out of my admittedly pissweak efforts at running. I hope that I will be able to work through these so that I can keep doing this, so I am trying to make sure that I stretch and warmdown properly so that I don't run into too many difficulties.

0 Comments:

Add a comment