getting buff

Thursday, May 18, 2006

new beginning

Since I have started this blog, I feel much more interested in writing about my exercise and lifestyle change stuff rather than trying to lose weight. Obviously that is a big part of what I am trying to do, but whenever I begin to obsess over my weight I begin to feel like a big fat whiner. So I will still post the weekly weigh ins and so on, but in my mind, the weight loss stuff is just a bonus for the other stuff going on.

I don't want to get to the point that if I am not losing weight, I am not enjoying this blog, even though I am getting fitter and acheiving my other goals. So my commitment is that I want to continue on with this whole journey whether or not I succeed in losing weight. If in a year's time I am the biggest fun runner in the country, well that is better than I am now. I won't stop trying to lose weight, but I want to avoid it becoming the focus. I don't want to count calories or points, I just want to increase the amount of fruit and veg, increase whole grains, increase water, and limit junk, fat and sugar. If I focus on health and activity and improving my physical capabilities, then I know that my body shape will change for the better.

0 Comments:

Add a comment