getting buff

Thursday, May 11, 2006

ouch

How frustrating is it when you try and do the right thing and do exercise and eat well and it leads to you getting injured? At the moment I have put my neck out a little, mostly due to the weights and exercise I have been doing. As a result I haven't been able to do any weights and exercise until it settles down a bit. It doesn't really make sense. I would never have hurt myself if I had continued sitting on my arse on the couch!

I did go for a gentle walk last night with the dogs (when what I wanted to do was to go to the gym or do the next instalment of my running program). At the moment I no longer feel like I want to throw up (always a good sign) and am just feeling a little stiff. So I think that a bit of movement would actually probably be good for it so I am planning to go to the gym tonight and do a weights session, knocking two weights off all of my upper body reps. Hopefully that will allow everything to have a bit of gentle movement and will continue to improve.

Of course, there is the matter of eating half a box of pizza shapes when sitting on the couch last night feeling sorry for the fact that I couldn't do any real exercise. But we will set that aside for the moment.

0 Comments:

Add a comment