getting buff

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

cold packs cause injury

Last night went for a quick run around Edwardes Park Lake with Hub (well, he went in one direction and I went in the other). I felt yucky though. It was freezing cold with an icy wind and my legs felt pretty heavy. I eventually did all of the time that I wanted to and more, but I had to stop a couple of times and bitch and moan to myself.

So when I was watching telly having dinner, I thought I would do the sensible things and ice my legs so that I would feel better next time, even though I wasn't experiencing any particular soreness. Good in theory, but my knees in particular started to feel really achy after icing them.

Hub says that this means I should take a couple of rest days. I say he should mind his own business. I hate it when he is right.

UPDATE: Hmmm. Is it possible I have sore knees because I increased my total running time by more than 10% last week at the same time that I changed from 3 runs to 4? Naaaah. All the same, I might try a bit harder to stick to the schedule.

0 Comments:

Add a comment