getting buff

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

the incredible shrinking woman

I had my fitness test at the gym today, which is the first one since I started at the gym (about 2 weeks after I started this whole lifestyle change caper). So, you know how I have been trying to convince myself that even though my weight loss is not lightning quick, I am actually shrinking?

Well, it turns out that's true!!

For starters, my resting heart rate was down by about 4 bpm since the last time I checked. But the really exciting changes came in my measurements. I should have written them down, but I was kind of reeling from the shock.

Biceps - minus one cm each
Calves - About the same
Hips - for some reason a completely different measurement (suspect that they haven't got the consistency of measuring spot going with that one).
Boobs - Minus, like, 8cm.
Waist - Minus, 8 or 9 cm
R Thigh - Minus 8cm
L Thigh - minus 10cm (!!! - she measured this one twice)

So howzat, suckers. Kicking arse. (Just a little bit pleased with myself)

4 Comments:

Woohoo! Well done, esp the thighs!
That's bloody fantastic Deege!!! Well, done. When I did Weight Watchers they use always say, make sure you measure yourself and don't always watch your progress through the scales :). Congrats again, you must be feeling fantabulous!!!
Hurrumph, strangely nobody at work or out and about seems to have noticed or commented on my slender thighs. Bastards.

Lee, that is obviously true - i expected a difference seeing as I know that I am fitting into stuff better, but the size of the difference was quite shocking to me. Goes to show the difference of an exercise based weight loss program.
Well done, you slow and steady weight loss is the best kind. It took me 2 years to lose 18 Kgs. Sure I could have probably done it quicker but at least it has never come back.

Add a comment