getting buff

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WWI the fifteenth

Starting Weight - 107.5kg
Current Weight - 103.5kg
Total weight loss - 4.0kg
This week's weight loss - -0kg

Happy to stay this week. Spent yesterday in bed with upset stomach and expect that also retaining water this week. All of that has subsided into a sore lower back, which means I have to ease my way back into exercise and haven't been running since Saturday. At the moment it seems that every time I go for a slightly longer run, I end up having to take an extra day off to account for the extra niggles - last time with a sore knee and this time with lower back pain. V frustrating, particularly when my long runs are not that long.

So I am going to switch back to three runs per week. Much as I like to be able to run 4 times, these extra niggles mean that I struggle to do my 4 runs, and then end up not doing as much as I would like. At least eating has been goood (that's what a couple of days of dry toast and bland meals will do for you).

3 Comments:

Hope you're feeling better soon.
You might want to try 3 days per week running + 1 day per week swimming or biking. That way you a comparible aerobic workout stressing ligaments and whatnot.
That is a good idea, julia. I often do a bike at the gym when I have a rest day from running. Well, not *often* because I hate it. But I have a bike and there are good bike paths near here that are safe even at night, so I might have to look into that.

Add a comment