getting buff

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

WWI the fourteenth

Starting Weight - 107.5kg
Current Weight - 103.5kg
Total weight loss - 4.0kg
This week's weight loss - -0.5kg

Back down to the lowest weight since I have been doing this. I was thinking the other day that if I was prepared to go on an eating plan, my rate of loss could be improved. But I would prefer to continue following broad principles (no junk, more vegetables, more whole grains, smaller portion sizes, no sweets) because I avoid this whole feeling of failure when I inevitably have something which isn't the best. I have a regular dinner in a pub on Tuesdays. If I were on a strict plan, I would obsess about the fact that I always have a naughty evening meal that night. But this way, I just choose a more healthy option and try to be sensible about it.

My sister just lost a bunch of weight doing a particular program and keeps offering for me to do it, but I just know that it would be a bit counter productive for me. I don't want to be on a diet. My goal for this year was to lose 10kg. If I do that I will be happy. And I know that if I keep up with what I am doing at the moment, and particularly as my running improves by distance and time, then the energy in v energy out calculation will continue to improve.

5 Comments:

Hey Deege, fantastic result yet again, and I think you are right to stick with your approach - it's not restrictive, just sensible, which is a recipe for success. Plus, if I know I can't have something I just want it all the more which is why diets really don't work for me :o)

And, clearly it's working for you so far :oD

B.
God, I could never go on an "eating plan"... it would drive me insane.
There you go, I have the Kathrynoh seal of approval - if I can achieve a transformation as impressive as yours, then I will be very happy.
Instead of going on a "plan" you might just want to track your eating for a few days. Just a few times a week, without getting obsessed. There's some good tools out there like "Fitday" or "Dietking".
For me I've found that no matter how much I run, if I don't put the eating under control, I don't lose weight.
Yeah, I do track my eating every now and again, although I must admit I have never counted calories. I do make a point of keeping myself knowledgeable about what I should be eating.

And the pub meal turned out to be a healthy choice this week - a special of fish baked with herbs and vegetables.

The pot of beer? Less of a healthy choice.

Add a comment