getting buff

Saturday, September 09, 2006

bugger

I had a really good long run planned for today - finally determined to check out part of a trail that runs near to the weekender. And then I woke with eyes and nose streaming experiencing a terrible attack of hayfever. I don't get it often but when I do, I feel like I am completely out of action.

I spent the day simulatneously snapping at Hub and struggling to cope with normal saturday errands while I was steadfastly determined to go for my run. After doing a bit of cleaning up, I stood with tears streaming down my face (barely affected by the mega strength anti-histamine) and I began to deal with the fact that there was no way I was going to be able to do my run.

Oh well, I will go for a couple of shorter runs during the week before SiS1. And I will leave my maps so that I can revisit this run at a later date.

5 Comments:

I also had to miss out on a run that I was hoping to sneak in yesterday and it looks like I will also miss today's run as well. Like you, I will definitely have to get a couple of run's in this week before SiS1, YIKES!!
I also get hayfever and it makes me feel revolting. Thank God for anti-histamines which control it well :).
You poor thing. My mother and partner both get terrible hayfever, it lays them low too.

One day missed won't hurt you and the weather was awful on Sunday.
Gosh, looking at my run schedule from the last couple of weeks, I just realised I have deinitely missed out on a few runs that I would have liked to have done.

Still feeling a bit clogged but the eyes have stopped streaming.
I am fortunate to not suffer from hayfever at all. I hope you are feeling better now.
Snap. I woke up Sunday morning at 5 am with a cold/flu & sore throat, had to cancel my long run and still out of action now (Tuesday).

Add a comment