getting buff

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

WWI the twenty second

Starting Weight - 107.5kg
Current Weight - 103.5kg
Total weight loss - 4.0kg
This week's weight loss - +0.5kg

More than once I have thought that if I was just going by weight, I would have given up this gig already. But I keep dropping dress sizes and requiring belts on things even when the scales don't show a difference. I have considered more than once removing the weekly weigh in because frankly I don't like how it makes the whole thing about the scales, and it makes people kind of get the wrong impression about what is happening. It all feels a bit weight watcher meeting to me, when it is really just for my personal records. And I don't like feeling the need to justify what is happening or feeling like people impliedly have to congratulate or encourage this when I am perfectly at peace about the whole thing and thrilled with all the little things that are showing my progress.

I am a compulsive record keeper, so on balance I have decided to keep going with this so that I can continue making nice little graphs and records. However, I am going to turn the comments off on WWI posts, so no weight watcher meeting feeling. Hopefully that will allow me to achieve a happy compromise of keeping track of stuff in an accountable fashion without becoming (or feeling like I am becoming) all about the scales.