getting buff

Friday, October 20, 2006

beach baby



Okay, so you know how when you don't know someone face to face you can kind of get a weird picture of them in your head and your attitude toward them can be kind of distorted because your brain isn't actually forced to think of them as a real person? Well I find that I am developing a weird mental image of THE COACH (tm). I have a great need to impress him and yet I spend most of my time cursing him under my breath (sometimes not so quietly).

I have the overwhelming feeling that if I meet him face to face I am going to have a need to apologise for all the rude words I have said about him and his stupid "comfortably difficult" tempo runs. Did you know that a pace that is "comfortably difficult" at the start of a repeat can be "I-think-I-am-going-to-throw-up-now" at the end of a repeat?

No weekly weigh ins for another couple of weeks because I have some time off work and we are staying at our weekender. This means that the ordinary running is being complemented by weeding, digging vegetable gardens, bushwalking, lugging mulch and compost and all the good springtime jobs. Also more chances to snack badly so it is pretty much a toss up as to whether this break is likely to be good or naughty.

But I do get to draw nice pictures with nudge, like the one above. Was tempted to run right out on the pier and back so that nudge would show more of the sea bed, but by that stage I felt like I was going to puke, and I wanted to get away from the watchful eyes of the people apparently doing some type of group workout program. Maybe next time.

5 Comments:

Good luck with your training, sounds like you are really getting into a training routine.

I love some of the coaching terms banded about, heaps of oxymorons. I use them myself (sometimes).
Hey well done with the send SiS effort by the way. At least your first Ausrun meeting was in daylight with crowds around, mine was in the pitch black in Warburton with eat 'em trying to encourage me to get out of the car and me refusing until the one person I did know (Tiger Boy) turned up :-)

Glad you are enjoying the coaching. I find I have a great need to impress mine too, makes me feel like I am back in primary school trying to impress teacher with my neat handwriting!

Enjoy your gardening and stuff, my mum lost 25Kgs and most of her exercise was lugging mulch etc etc while planting her new block of land.
Looks like a great place for a run. You will have to get out on the pier for cool Garmy drawings.
Sounds like a great plan deege not to weigh in during your hols. Just enjoy yourself and keep showing us your cool garmin pictures of your runs.

I thought about taking Brangies offer up but just don't know if I could fully commit and then end up feeling like a complete doofus, lol!
I love the piccie - looks like a gorgeous place to be running :o)

Enjoy your break Deege, and like the others said, do keep posting the piccies. 'comfortably difficult', mmm... I'd be a hopeless remote coaching recipient as I'd go with the 'comfortable' part of that phrase :o/

B.

Add a comment